Bad Moon Rising

Bad Moon Rising

Monday, February 20, 2017

Book Review - Dragonbane by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Hey peeps!
So one of my latest reads was the 26th book from the Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. The book is titled Dragonbane and it takes off from the events that occurred in Son of No One. Sherrilyn Kenyon is one of my favorite authors and her writing never fails me, from action to humor to passionate romance, she delivers every time.


  



The synopsis:-

Out of all the mysterious boarders who call Sanctuary home, no one is more antisocial or withdrawn than Maxis Drago. But then, it's hard to blend in with the modern world when you have a fifty foot wingspan.


Centuries ago, he was cursed by an enemy who swore to see him fall. An enemy who took everything from him and left him forever secluded.
But Fate is a bitch, with a wicked sense of humor. And when she throws old enemies together and threatens the wife he thought had died centuries ago, he comes back with a vengeance. Modern day New Orleans has become a battleground for the oldest of evils. And two dragons will hold the line, or go down in flames. 


My review:-

Maxis!

Yup, one word. Maxis, what an amazing hero he turned out to be. The first time I read there was a dragon living in the sanctuary made me both curious and excited. I needed to know what his story would be. I needed to know. It was gnawing ache. Then when it finally came, gawdddd was I satisfied! *wink wink* I could not put down the book. 

No one makes their characters suffer more than this author. This couple are a perfect example of the pain and suffering those in this fascinating world face. Most definitely star crossed lovers because they are two opposite sides of a very messy coin. One born human and capable of shifting into dragon form and the other hatched from an egg with the ability to shift into a human body. Ironically it's the dragon born (Katagaria) who seem far more humane in this story but mistakes have been made on both sides . As this story begins it's up to Seraphina to convince the mate she let down ( try nearly got killed!) that he should help her rescue her missing twins. Max is honourable and so very protective of his offspring but hides dark secrets and when the truth comes out it looks like all out war is about to descend! I love this authors ability to surprise and entertain me. Her characters are never one dimensional and I'm addicted to the sharp dialogue. 

The story most of the time being set in Sanctuary, around the Peltiers, the constant banner and bad attitudes added more spice to the story. With all the other characters such as Vane, Fury and Fang helping and of course we get a glimpse of Savitar! this book became even more entertaining. 

The next book in the installment is Dragonmark. Cant wait to get my hands on those! 



All in all I would give it 5 stars!

Its a good read, no doubt about that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment